Friday, December 12, 2008

The best gift...

Aaaah, it is that time again, where every one freaks out because they can't get their hands on the "hot" new toy. Or they are stressing because they don't have enough money to buy the "hot" new toy. In my personal opinion I think holidays are overrated. I mean don't get me wrong, there is nothing with spending time with your family and loved ones. But do you really need a designated day to share your love and time with the ones that are dear to your heart? People look at me funny when I say I don't celebrate the holidays; even though I eat all the food. (LOL). But I believe that time is the most precious gift that you can give anyone. Whether it be a long conversation on the phone, going shopping, a hike up a mountain, as long as you are spending quality time to show that person you care, that is all that matters. Material things are ephemeral, but time, affection and love is forever.

No comments: